Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Review 2023
Check Auto Insurance Rates First
Liberty Mutual offers quality automobile coverage from a primary provider at competitive prices. When applying through their online interface, Liberty Mutual promises savings of up to 12%. My Liberty Mutual review looks deeper into the free online auto insurance platform.
Get a no-obligation, fast & simple
FREE Car Insurance Quote
Auto insurance from Liberty Mutual is the best option for people looking to purchase affordable, individualized coverage online. The business provides a wide range of discounts and personalized coverage choices.
Table of Contents
- About Liberty Mutual?
- Why Liberty Mutual?
- Liberty Mutual FAQs
- Company details
About Liberty Mutual
A large selection of auto policy coverage and benefit options are available from Liberty Mutual, an insurance company.
It provides specific specialist and add-on coverage, considerable reductions, a user-friendly online policy administration system, and other benefits.
Pros and Cons
What I like about Liberty Mutual (Pros)
- Affordable coverage
- Discounts available for young drivers
- Customizable options
- 12-month policy terms
- Excellent BBB and AM Best ratings
What I don’t like about Liberty Mutual (Cons)
- Not available in all states
- Mixed online reviews
- Customer service can be difficult
- Premiums can be high
Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Coverage
Liberty Mutual provides several common insurance packages, including:
- Insurance coverage for personal injury and property damage
- Comprehensive protection
- Collision protection
- Protection from personal injury (PIP)
- Uninsured and underinsurance driver coverage
- medical bills (MedPay)
Liberty Mutual’s Add-On Auto Insurance Coverage Options
Drivers can also buy supplemental insurance. Here is a summary of the extra coverage choices that Liberty Mutual offers:
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance: Roadside assistance is available around the clock with this add-on coverage, including jumpstart, towing, flat tires, and emergency fuel.
- Better Car Replacement Insurance: If you are in an accident and your vehicle is noted as a total loss. Your coverage will pay for a replacement vehicle that is one model year newer and has 15,000 fewer miles than your current vehicle.
- GAP Insurance: If your automobile is totaled, gap coverage will pay the outstanding balance on your loan.
- Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund: This extra collision coverage helps you save $100 on your deductible each year.
- Lifetime Repair Guarantee: This coverage handles all arrangements and ensures your repair for the duration that you own your car if it needs to be repaired as a result of an accident. Over 2,000 repair facilities across the country are affiliated with the company.
- New Car Replacement Insurance: This ensures that if your totaled car is less than a year old and has less than 15,000 miles on it, you will be given a brand-new car.
- Original Parts Replacement: Any damaged parts on your car will be replaced by parts that adhere to the highest quality standards under this optional coverage.
- Rental Car Reimbursement: Liberty Mutual will reimburse you for your rental car if your vehicle is fixed at a shop they recognize.
Liberty Mutual’s Teachers’ Auto Insurance is a one-of-a-kind product. Although it may not be available where you live, it is provided at no additional cost to instructors and contains the following:
- Personal property insurance – If your teaching materials or school-owned property are stolen or destroyed while in your car, Liberty Mutual will reimburse you up to $2,500 per incident.
- Collision insurance – If your automobile is damaged in an accident while driving it on school business, there is no deductible. (In Pennsylvania, there is a $100 deductible.)
- Protection against vandalism – There is no deductible if your car is vandalized while attending a school-related event or on the school premises. (In Pennsylvania, there is a $100 deductible.)
Available Car Insurance Discounts
Although Liberty Mutual offers different discounts in each state, there are many possible price reductions.
You might be qualified for price reductions on:
- Active military or retired status
- Requesting a Liberty Mutual quote before the expiration of your current policy
- Multiple vehicles insured
- Either pay the entire premium upfront or sign up for automatic payments
- Avoiding traffic violations or accidents
- Receive paperwork electronically
- Driving an electric or hybrid vehicle
- Being a member of particular companies, alumni associations, or professional organizations.
- Getting good grades or leaving the car at home while living away from home while attending school
- Multiple Liberty Mutual policies, such as combining home and auto insurance
- Possessing security features such as anti-lock brakes, adaptive headlights, and theft prevention tools
- Purchasing a Liberty Mutual insurance policy online
Price Based on Driving Habits
Liberty Mutual’s RightTrack Program: In some areas, you can also receive a discount for enabling Liberty Mutual to monitor your driving.
An app on your phone or a tiny monitoring device in your car monitors patterns such as acceleration, braking, distance traveled, and time of day.
Signing up entitles you to a discount, which may vary later depending on how safely you drive during a 90-day assessment.
Why I Like Liberty Mutual Car Insurance
Liberty Mutual allows you to customize your coverage and only pay for what you need.
With Liberty Mutual, you can buy auto insurance online from a major insurer and get rewarded with up to 12% in additional savings. Liberty Mutual even promises more savings if you bundle your car insurance with homeowners’ insurance (which you can also get quoted online).
Their website is easy-to-use, and you’ll discover your rate quickly. This is an excellent tool for finding rates on a potential vehicle before you purchase it.
- Free quotes and no obligation to buy: You maintain control whether you decide to proceed or not every step of the way.
- Additional online savings and save by bundling: Liberty Mutual offers up to 12% savings by buying online and extra savings when you bundle policies, and it’s easy to do.
- Added benefits you can use: Liberty Mutual offers an online app, an online learning center, roadside assistance, and more.
What Gives Liberty Mutual an Edge?
It can be scary times when your auto warranty expires or if you are driving without car warranty protection. One major repair can send you spiraling down a financial setback that can be hard to recover.
Here are some reasons you should choose Complete Car Warranty.
- Instant quotes. You can easily find out the cost of coverage by filling out an online form. Answer a few simple questions, and you’ll have your quotation for coverage before you know it.
- You choose your mechanic. Since Every dealer and mechanic accepts complete Car Warranty coverage, you decide where to get your car repaired.
- The number of repair claims is not restricted. Sometimes one car repair can lead to another. That’s not an issue with coverage from Complete Car warranty.
Free Car Insurance Quotes from a Major Insurance Provider
Liberty Mutual provides a complete online car insurance buying experience that feels full-service. From a straightforward, well-designed platform to abundant features and benefits, you likely won’t be disappointed. This is not a bare-bones platform.
- More ways to save: Get additional savings by buying online. Save even more when bundling auto insurance with homeowners’ insurance.
- Know rates before you buy your next vehicle: With Liberty Mutual, you can get an insurance quote on a car you are just thinking of buying. This can prevent a costly surprise after your purchase. Thus, an intelligent way to buy!
- Roadside assistance: Liberty Mutual offers roadside assistance with its automobile insurance, a potentially valuable addition, especially on an older vehicle.
Features that Add to the Auto Insurance Buying Experience
With Liberty Mutual, you have more control of the process. Choose the coverage that fits your needs and budgets without paying for what you don’t need. Liberty Mutual also provides additional tools and features to improve your knowledge and help you save.
- Exclusive discounts: Save simply by buying online. Take advantage of additional savings when bundling with homeowners’ or Renter’s insurance.
- Get customized coverage: Your quote is designed specifically for you. This helps assure you are getting the affordable coverage you need without paying for what you don’t need.
- Convenient features that add value: Liberty Mutual also provides Roadside Assistance, a downloadable app, superior customer service, and so much more, all from a highly regarded auto insurance provider.
Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Benefits
A few of the most prominent benefits of using Liberty Mutual to get a free auto insurance quote are:
- Get more significant discounts online: Save up to 12% by purchasing online. Get even more savings with a multi-policy discount.
- Use valuable tools and features: Get 24/7 roadside assistance, download the Liberty Mutual app, use their knowledge center and enjoy superior service.
- Obtain quick coverage from a respected provider: Liberty Mutual has a superior reputation for auto insurance. See for yourself why!
Get a no-obligation, fast & simple
FREE Car Insurance Quote
A Great Online Experience, Buy You Need to Know More
The Liberty Mutual Insurance website is well-planned and convenient to use. It is worth trying, but you should know some relatively minor limitations.
- You are only using the service of Liberty Mutual: It is what it is. This is Liberty Mutual’s online insurance quote website, so quotes are limited to coming from their company. Don’t expect competing quotes from various companies.
- The most significant discounts are on more feature-packed policies: The more features you add to your policy, the more substantial discount you will receive. This is great for those interested in comprehensive coverage.
- Be prepared to provide details: Accurate quotes take detailed information. The VIN can be very valuable.
My Liberty Mutual Endorsement
I love that Liberty Mutual is such a well-respected brand that it remains a hidden online resource for auto insurance.
Since I like to recommend car buyers get an insurance quote before buying a car, this is right up our alley.
I also like the fact that there are additional discounts available. It feels like a full-service insurance buying experience.
- Benefits: Large, respected insurance provider, online discounts, bundling discounts
- Advantages: Free no-obligation quotes, superior service, solid reputation
- Features: Learning center, downloadable app, roadside assistance, online discounts.
- Limitations: Quotes from a single provider, most significant discounts on feature-filled, comprehensive policies.
Liberty Mutual FAQs
Does Liberty Mutual have cancellation fees?
Yes – but only if you terminate your policy before the end of its term.
Where is Liberty Mutual auto insurance avaiable?
Forty-five states, including Washington, D.C., offer Liberty Mutual auto insurance.
Does Liberty Mutual have a grace period?
Liberty Mutual Company Details
Company Name: Liberty Mutual
Year Founded: 1912
Location: Boston, MA, U.S.