Best Online Car-Buying Tools for Car Buyers for 2024
Last Updated – December 28, 2023
Shopping for a car can be overwhelming, especially if you’re doing it online. However, with the rise of online car buying, many tools are available to make the process easier. But with so many options, it can be challenging to know where to start. That’s where my comprehensive list of the best online car-buying tools for 2024 comes in.
Whether you’re a first-time car buyer or a seasoned pro, my list will help you quickly navigate the process. These online car-buying tools allow you to compare prices and features, help sell your trade, acquire financing, and compare extended warranty prices from the comfort of your home or mobile device, allowing you to find the perfect vehicle.
So, when you’re ready to purchase your next car online, I’ve scoured the web for the best car-buying tools available in 2024 and sorted through the good, bad, and ugly online services. Below are the tools I trust, use, and share with friends/family. Enjoy…
Table of Contents
Why I Created This List
I created this list from the most reliable sources based in the United States. My goal is to aid consumers throughout the car-buying process, so they can make informed choices while also saving money when buying a new or used car.
Car Price Quote Services
Comparing new and used car price quotes in your local area is the quickest way to save money.
Whether you’re looking for a new car or a used car that’s new to you, a car-buying website can be a great help.
- Benefits: Save money, reduce time, and improve the experience.
- Advantages: Hidden deals, dealer competition, and dealer relationships.
- Features: Vehicle search, easy & fast interface, and local targeting.
Edmunds is one of the internet’s oldest and most trusted vehicle research and review sites.
- Benefits: Trusted name – finding a vehicle is easy.
- Advantages: Search by criteria that are important to you.
- Features: New & used price quotes, reviews, comparison shopping.
MotorTrend is one of the best-kept secrets on the Internet, with a broad dealer network dedicated to offering the lowest prices.
- Benefits: The service is 100% free & there’s no obligation.
- Advantages: You receive volume-discounted internet pricing.
- Features: They search their network of dealers.
Cars Direct has been in business since 1998 and has all the right tools to help you find your next new car.
- Benefits: Many quotes are under the factory invoice.
- Advantages: Easy to use new & used car search tools.
- Features: Detailed reviews and expert opinions.
Best Online Car-Selling Sites
Selling your car to an online car-buying service is quick and straightforward.
Peddle will offer to buy your car online, and once you accept the offer, they will come to you and exchange a check for your vehicle.
- Benefits: Get an offer to buy your vehicle instantly.
- Advantages: They buy everything, running or not, all over the nation.
- Features: Offers guaranteed if the vehicle’s condition persists.
Online Auto Financing Sites
A pre-approved car loan is the best way to leverage yourself when dealing with a dealership’s finance department.
If the vehicle you wish to purchase is under ten years old and has less than 120,000 miles, myAutoLoan is an excellent option for you.
- Loans: Good credit and bad credit loans are available.
- Benefits: Up to four loan offers for you to comparison shop.
- Advantages: Fast, free, and easy. No obligation; you can walk away.
- Features: See current rates, calculators, and interest rate estimators.
Auto Credit Express
Dealing with a lender for those with negative credit can be challenging and unpleasant. Auto Credit Express can save you time and money.
- Loans: Good credit and bad credit loans are available.
- Benefits: Low payments, and affordable down payments.
- Advantages: Financing for bad credit, limited or no credit.
- Features: Dealer network with loans available from $5,000 to $48,000.
Best Auto Warranty Sites
Shopping for an extended auto warranty can be confusing and costly. These online warranty companies will help you make an informed decision.
Complete Car Warranty
Get complete protection for up to 60% off what a dealership charges for the same coverage.
- Benefits: Absorbs unexpected repair costs. Tailored to your driving needs.
- Advantages: Instant quotes. Unlimited claims. Choose your mechanic.
- Features: Instant quotes. Use to negotiate dealer warranty costs.
Online Car Insurance Sites
Car insurance tends to be an afterthought when people shop for a new car, but comparing options beforehand is wise.
With Liberty Mutual, you have more control over the process. Choose the coverage that fits your needs without paying for what you don’t need.
- Benefits: Respected insurance provider, online & bundling discounts.
- Advantages: Free no-obligation quotes, superior service, solid reputation.
- Features: Learning center, mobile app, roadside assistance, discounts.
Other Online Car Buying Tools for Car Buyers
These additional online car buying tools have been vetted and will save you money.
AutoCheck Vehicle History Reports
AutoCheck can’t stop you from buying a problematic car, but at least you will be aware of issues the car may have before your purchase.
- Benefits: Quick way to find out if a car has any hidden issues.
- Advantages: Instant vehicle search report. BuyBack Program.
- Features: Easily get one or more reports, adds to your negotiation power.
My Free Score Now provides you the data, details, and information you need to protect your valued credit information and identity.
- Benefits: Constant credit score and credit monitoring.
- Advantages: Uses the 3 biggest credit reporting bureaus.
- Features: Unlimited daily reports. Cancel at any time.