AutoCheck Vehicle History Reports Review 2023
Are They Worth the Money?
My AutoCheck Vehicle History Report review takes a detailed look into their service. Get a free simple check or take a deep dive into the history of any car you may be considering buying.
Get a no-obligation, quick & easy
FREE New Car Quote!
AutoCheck provides a background check on any vehicle you may be thinking of purchasing before signing on the dotted line.
About AutoCheck Vehicle History Reports
Online sources for vehicle history reports include AutoCheck. These online reports aid prospective car buyers in inspecting and contrasting the vehicles they are considering.
This platform, a division of Experian, became usable in Illinois in 1999. AutoCheck has been collaborating with more than 13,000 auto dealers to assist customers in making the best decisions when purchasing vehicles.
Pros and Cons
What I like about AutoCheck (Pros)
- The website is usable and straightforward
- The AutoCheck score feature compares automobiles
- Multiple vehicle report is affordable
- Data pulls from an extensive list of sources
What I dislike about AutoCheck (Cons)
- Single reports may be expensive
- It does not include routine maintenance
How Does AutoCheck Work?
Through the AutoCheck score, AutoCheck provides a quick way for you to look up a vehicle’s vehicle history. A number between 1 and 100 describes a car’s general state and background. The vehicle history report contains the AutoCheck score.
You can visit their website and follow four easy steps to obtain the report.
- Click the green “Check Your VIN or US License Plate” button first.
- Then, enter the car’s VIN or license plate number to check.
- Next, provide the payment method to finish your subscription.
- Last but not least, AutoCheck will display the vehicle report directly in your web browser.
You must select a membership plan since this is a paid service before you can complete your search. I recommend purchasing a program with several reports so you may review more than one vehicle during your car buying search.
I go into great depth about used car history reports in my article, “What is a Used Car History Report?“ If you would like to know more.
There is No Such Thing as a Perfect Vehicle History Report
You may purchase a vehicle history report, but it shouldn’t be a replacement for having a used automobile inspected by a qualified independent technician. Hail damage is frequently disregarded, while many fender benders are unreported to the appropriate authorities.
No matter the difference, a technician can determine if the automobile has been in an accident or painted.
Take the automobile to a mechanic of your choosing after investigating the vehicle’s history and before you sign the paperwork to purchase the car.
Inform the mechanic that you plan to buy the automobile and ask if he’ll place it on a lift to determine whether it’s a dependable model.
Please inquire whether the mechanic would permit his wife or daughter to operate the car. The automobile is in good condition if he responds positively.
Why Do I Like AutoCheck?
AutoCheck helps provide due diligence when used car buying.
Buying a used car can be full of pitfalls. Is the vehicle as described? Has it been in an accident or a flood? How many people have owned it previously? AutoCheck can tell you all of this and more. Check the DNA of any vehicle you purchase before buying it with AutoCheck.
- Quickly scan: Get a fast AutoCheck score that will indicate the history of any used vehicle you are thinking about.
- Take a deeper dive: Get a thorough history of the car you are buying so you know its factual background. Uncover insurance claims and damage reports. Get peace of mind.
- Decide with confidence: Your purchase is backed by Experian, so you can have confidence that you can enjoy access to benefits such as free Buyback Protection for registered, qualified vehicles.
Advantages of AutoCheck Vehicle History Reports
Why is AutoCheck a significant advantage when buying a used car?
There is an adage that buying a used car is “buying someone else’s problems.” AutoCheck can’t stop you from buying a problematic car, but at least you will be aware of issues the vehicle may have before your purchase. This can save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.
- Start with a free vehicle search: Enter the vehicle identification number (VIN) or current license plate number on the form. AutoCheck will quickly notify you if the vehicle has previously experienced problems.
- If there are issues, take a closer look: If you are still really interested in the car, but there may be problems, choose to take a closer look before making a final decision.
- Use the information to empower your purchase: You may decide to walk away, or you can use the information to get a better deal. The choice is yours. Knowledge is power when you use it properly!
Protect Yourself From Buying a Car With Unseen Problems
A car that has been in flood may take months or years to exhibit problems. Major repairs can affect a car’s lifespan or even its performance. You can’t just trust every description you see. Verify with AutoCheck.
- Searching for a vehicle is easy: Just supply the VIN or current license plate. You quickly know if the car may have issues that should concern you. This initial search is free!
- If there are issues, you decide to proceed or not: Some problems may be minor, and others may be deal-breakers. You decide if you want to perform a deeper dive into the car’s history.
- Experian can back your decision: Choose to have your purchase protected by Experian with Buyback protection. This provides another layer of confidence in your purchase.
Benefits of Using AutoCheck
A few of the most prominent benefits of using AutoCheck to get a used car vehicle history report are:
- Free initial report: You can get a quick, free report letting you know if a car has issues.
- Option to take a deep dive: Get details about a car’s issues so you can make an informed decision.
- Get your purchase guaranteed by Experian: Take advantage of the available BuyBack Program from Experian.
Get a no-obligation, quick & easy
FREE New Car Quote!
Can AutoCheck Improve?
So here are the program’s downfalls.
AutoCheck provides precious information you will want to know about a vehicle before making a purchase. But it would be best if you also understood its limits.
Here are some factors you should be aware of.
- Some issues may not show up on the report: If a vehicle has been repaired without an insurance claim, it may not show up in the report. This is pretty rare, but it is possible.
- Free reports only tell you if there is an issue: It will not provide details about any problems the car may have. You’ll have to purchase a membership to discover more, but that is understandable.
- If you are shopping, you’ll want a more extensive plan: You can choose to check just one vehicle or buy programs that provide multiple vehicle reports. Be aware vehicle history reports are not unlimited.
Protect yourself by doing two things:
1. Obtain a used car history report on the vehicle.
2. Have the vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic.
My AutoCheck Endorsement
Believe it or not, not everyone is 100% trustworthy when describing a car they want to sell. There must be an easy, affordable, reliable way to verify a car’s history. AutoCheck is it. Plus, you get the advantage of having your purchase backed by Experian’s BuyBack Program.
- Benefits: Quick way to find out if a car has issues and take a deep dive into the car’s history.
- Advantages: Instant vehicle search report backed with a BuyBack Program.
- Features: Easily get one or more vehicle reports, which adds to your negotiation power.
- Limitations: Details are limited in the free search, and some reports may not reflect all issues.
AutoCheck has excellent customer service.
The AutoCheck staff is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST. You may also send an email with less urgent requests by using the contact form on your chosen website. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, there is a wealth of troubleshooting information on the site, so you can do your homework before reaching out to them.
Is AutoCheck a legit company?
Yes. AutoCheck and CarFax reports are the most trustworthy and comprehensive. Verify the report with its service if it isn’t recent or if you believe it contains missing or falsified information.
Which is better, CarFax or AutoCheck?
The most important distinction between AutoCheck and CarFax is that AutoCheck is considerably better at monitoring auction automobiles, whereas CarFax is notorious for failing to track cars at auctions. This implies that no other report can compete with the accuracy of AutoCheck reports on used vehicle dealers.
What data does AutoCheck Provide?
Autocheck offers registration and title data from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Collision records from police reports and other sources, as well as event data from insurance companies and salvage yards, are also sent via the platform.
How long has AutoCheck been around?
AutoCheck has been in business for over a decade.
Does AutoCheck show maintenance records?
AutoCheck compiles its vehicle history reports using data from sources comparable to CarFax. As a consequence, AutoCheck reports contain information comparable to CarFax reports, but neither company includes service or maintenance records.
AutoCheck Company Details
Company Name: AutoCheck
Location: Schaumburg, IL, US