Edmunds Review 2024
Can You Really Get A Good Deal?
My Edmunds review takes a detailed look at their website. They claim you can “buy new or used cars with confidence.” Let’s look closely and see if that’s a true statement.
Get a no-obligation, quick & easy
FREE New Car Quote!
Edmunds provides various features and tools that bring higher confidence to car buying. Research and compare new and used car prices before you buy.
Why I Like the Edmunds Car-Buying Platform
You can find the right car using the resources of one of the most respected names in the industry.
One visit to the Edmunds website, and you’ll see why this is such a highly thought-of brand.
A well-designed website, robust tools, and powerful search capabilities make this an all-encompassing portal for those searching for a new or used automobile. When searching for your perfect vehicle, this may be your one-stop resource.
- Zoom into the car is perfect for you.: Use an array of search criteria to focus precisely on the right vehicle for your lifestyle and budget. New or used, Edmunds has an impressive selection of cars available.
- Back up your search with Edmunds’s quality information: Get access to superior car reviews and ratings in specific vehicle categories. See what others think about the vehicle you are considering.
- Get exclusive Edmunds Partner Promotions: This platform lets you view exclusive new car deals from Edmunds partner dealers.
Advantages of the Edmunds Car-Buying Platform
Edmunds provides visitors with a range of features that make it about as close to a one-stop car-buying resource as you can.
The fact that it is attractive and easy to use adds to its advantages. You get the car-buying edge with Edmunds.
- Search using criteria that are most important to you: Search by price, location, model, year, and more. You decide what is important to you in a vehicle, and Edmunds shows your choices.
- A trusted name with major partners: Edmunds has one of the best reputations in the industry and works with significant partners across the country. They have a vibrant, valuable network.
- Find both new and used cars: While specializing in new cars, Edmunds provides access to a wide selection of pre-owned vehicles. Choose by age and mileage.
Features and Tools Available on Edmunds
Edmunds has the technology, tools, and information you need for a successful car-buying experience.
While Edmunds provides an array of tools and features that make it valuable, it is not overwhelming. You can access information about specific vehicles you may be considering, a robust search function, and other tools for an improved car buying experience.
- Superior vehicle reviews and ratings: Why are some vehicles so appealing? Why should you be aware of the shortcomings of others? Edmunds excels at helping shoppers know more before they buy.
- Easy-to-use searches: The Edmunds search feature is simple to use yet powerful. It allows you to quickly drill down to a manageable selection of vehicles right for you.
- See what your current car is worth: Their “Appraise My Car” feature is a simple way to estimate what your current vehicle may be worth.
Benefits of Using Edmunds Car-Buying Program
A few of the most prominent benefits of using Edmunds’s online car-buying service to gather free online price quotes are:
- Attractive, easy-to-use resource: Finding a vehicle is easy. Type in your search criteria, submit, and view.
- Research tools make it simple to perform due diligence: Edmunds’s vast vehicle information, reviews, and ratings add confidence to the buying process.
- Use for new and used car searches: You decide your criteria, including whether you prefer a new or used car.
Get a no-obligation, quick & easy
FREE New Car Quote!
Highly Rated with Few Limitations
With a name like Edmunds, you would expect a superior car buying experience, and Edmunds delivers. There is a lot to like here, but if we were to get nit-picky, these would be concerns.
- It seems to focus on new cars: There appears to be an emphasis on new car sales, although used cars seem readily available.
- Reviews and ratings are late models: If you are buying an older vehicle, reviews and ratings may be limited.
- It can sometimes be challenging to discern between what is an ad and what is unbiased information: Edmunds’s close relationships with its seller network can sometimes make it difficult to separate what is data and what is a sales pitch.
Edmunds True Cost to Own
One of the best features of Edmunds.com is its True Cost-to-Own function, which displays hidden expenditures such as gas mileage and maintenance over five years from the date of purchase. A car or truck may be inexpensive to purchase initially, but it will require extensive care that is not covered by the guarantee.
Using this tool to compare car ratings will show this information ahead of time and help you save money in the future.
There are eight criteria to calculate the five-year cost of ownership:
- Depreciation of the vehicle
- Auto loan interest
- Government fees and applicable taxes
- Auto insurance premiums
- Federal tax credits
- Fuel economy
- Repairs on vehicle
- Vehicle maintenance
Edmunds also collects this extensive customer data into an easy-to-read pie chart, allowing you to understand at a glance what issues you may have after purchasing the car.
Helpful New Car Buying Tools
Customers like the New Car Price Quote Tool because it allows them to contact up to five dealers at once from the comfort of their computer, iPhone, or mobile device. The majority of car-finding websites provide three bids.
Edmunds also provides a Compare Car Tool for new car purchasers. The tool displays each new car’s advantages and drawbacks, as well as expert advice on the car’s performance, interior comfort, function, fit, and finish to evaluate if that vehicle is the best decision.
Edmunds True Market Value (TMV) predicts market trends for all automobile models each month, allowing buyers to decide whether to purchase now or wait a month for prices to fall. The TMV is automatically updated to reflect the style options and colors chosen by consumers and any current promotions.
My Edmunds Endorsement
Quite frankly, this is one of our most used and valued resources. People seem to find it so easy to use. It provides detailed information if you want it, or you can take advantage of its search feature.
I like its car appraisal feature so you can see what your car may be worth ahead of time. There is a lot to like here.
- Benefits: Straightforward to use, lots of car opinions and data, use for new and used car searches.
- Advantages: Free searches using your criteria, robust network, superior inventory.
- Features: New and used car searches, car appraisal features, car reviews, and rankings.
- Limitations: Slightly new car-focused, most car data is for late models, hard to separate opinions from advertising.
Does Edmunds Charge a Fee?
No – Edmunds does not charge a fee to the consumer to use their price quote service.
Is Edmunds a Legitimate Service?
Yes – Edmunds now has a solid reputation as an unbiased source of automotive information, vehicle reviews, and vehicle pricing.
Where is Edmunds Available?
Edmunds is available in the continental United States and has many dealership partners nationwide.
Who Owns Edmunds?
Peter Steinlauf bought the firm in 1988, and his family has held a controlling share in it ever since.
What does Edmunds TMV stand for?
TMV is an abbreviation for True Market Value, and Edmunds provides a trade-in evaluation tool to determine your trade-in’s worth. Edmunds has abandoned TMV in favor of “Edmunds Suggested Price.”
Edmunds Company Details
Company Name: Edmunds
Location: Santa Monica, California, U.S.