How to Sell Your Old Junk Car Online
How to Sell Your Old Car Quick
An old junk car, sometimes called a yard car, is a vehicle sitting in your front yard or driveway for a long time. Trading an old junk car will typically only net you a couple of hundred dollars from a dealer.
You may be able to get more by selling an old junk car online from the comfort of your computer. Here we’ll take a look at how easy it is to do.
How a Dealer Over-allows on an Old Junk Car
Old junk cars, or yard cars, do generally not bring much value when going through the trade-in process at a dealership. Some dealers will not even consider taking an old car in on trade if it’s not running or has to be towed to the dealership.
If a dealer tells you they’re giving you a big pile of money for your old junk car, and it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
You can see if a dealer is lying about the amount of money he’s offering by asking him, “how about you just buy my old junk car instead of me buying another car today?“
The dealer will likely say he’s only giving you that amount because you’re buying a car from him.
The amount of money above and beyond what your old junk car is worth will be added to the price of the vehicle you’re buying. The dealer is just playing a game with you, having you focus on the amount of money they are offering you for your trade. And hoping it will take your focus off the price you’re paying for your new car.
There is a risk of losing a lot of money when trading a car at a dealership.
Car Buying Tip – The truth is when you trade in a car at a dealership. There’s no way a dealer will write a massive check for a vehicle with no value. Believe it or not, they’re not in business to lose money.
Selling an Old Junk Car Online is Easy
Peddle is the site I recommend for selling your old junk car online. They make the process fast and straightforward. Peddle will not just buy junk cars; they will also purchase late-model vehicles.
You first input your vehicle’s information (be as fair and honest as possible, your goal is to get an accurate value).
You will receive an offer, and once you accept it, they will come to you and exchange a check for your vehicle. This is also a great way to get an estimate of what your trade-in’s worth.
Online Junk Car Buying Site Reviews
Online services such as Peddle are excellent if you don’t want to mess with that old junk car sitting on your property.
They will come to your house within 24 hours and pick up your vehicle for free, and they’ll even pay you to go to your location and pick up your car.
Peddle online car buying service.
Peddle has excellent customer ratings; free countrywide vehicle removal and quick cash are just a few benefits. Peddle is a decent option if you’re in a hurry or have a car with many miles and aren’t in the best shape.
Peddle works like this:
- Please put in your vehicle information, and they make you an offer.
- They arrange tow services, nationwide coverage, and Canada to pick up your car.
- Once your old vehicle is collected, you GET PAID!
- It’s just that easy, and the quotes are FREE!
The online quote is free, and there is no obligation to do anything further. At the time of this article, Peddle purchased over 300,000 vehicles online from people like yourself.
Once you receive your quote, it will give you an accurate idea of what your old junk car is worth without any strings attached. If you still want to trade your vehicle in with a dealer, you’ll know if they offer you an over allowance on your trade.
Alternatives to Selling Your Old Junk Car Online
If you’re unsure of using an online company to come and pick up your old car, call your local salvage yard or scrap yard and see how much they will offer you for it.
The only problem with most of these salvage and scrap yards is. You must arrange to get your vehicle to them. This means paying for a tow truck to tow it for you or figuring out how to get it to their location.
Depending on the type of old car that you have, you may want to remember the old saying that rings true:
“One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”
Suppose time is not a factor; you may want to list your old junk car in your local newspaper. When meeting people who want to see your vehicle, always ensure that you are in a public place or have someone with you. Also, when selling an old junk car, I would recommend only accepting cash if dealing person to person.
Online auction sites such as eBay and Craigslist may bring you surprising results. You never know what people are searching for at any given time.
When selling on eBay, check the associated fees before listing your car, and if you have a PayPal account, don’t forget to check with their expenses.
Craigslist is free, but selling with either one of these companies, please keep safety in mind first.
Mistakes to Avoid When Selling Your Car Online
- Get your original quote: When the towing company arrives to take up your junk automobile, they may try to convince you that it is not worth the money they quoted. In this instance, you should walk away and disregard it. (This is why it is essential to be as honest and upfront as possible when describing your vehicle when requesting a quote)
- Before you sign, make sure you have your money.
- Make a point of not forgetting any personal belongings.
- Reliability release: Don’t forget to sign the statement of authenticity, so you don’t get into legal trouble with those who resale your car.
- Take your vehicle accessories: don’t forget to remove any vehicle accessories; the trash buyer isn’t interested in your upgraded audio system or backup sensors. Removing and using it for other vehicles you may have is more practical.
- Don’t pass up the opportunity for free towing. Unless the price is prohibitively high, many local and national purchasers provide free towing.
- Please don’t rely on tax deductions from automobile donations: Some individuals contemplate giving their cars to receive tax deductions. While this is a grand gesture, tax deductions are problematic and not clearly defined. As a result, selling a trashed automobile and donating the proceeds is a better option.
Old Junk Car Selling FAQs
When Should You Sell a Old Junk Car?
Here are a few questions you may ask yourself to determine whether it’s time to sell your old junk car:
- Is my automobile resting more than it is running?
- Is my vehicle’s title salvage or abandoned?
- Is it safe for me to drive my car?
- Is there no one interested in buying my car?
- Is my automobile secure?
What is a Junk Car Typically Worth?
The overall value you may be offered depends on the popularity and demand for the vehicle you may consider junk.
You can typically expect to obtain between 20-40% of your car’s market value, but be prepared to negotiate, so you don’t get taken advantage of.
Can You Sell a Totalled Car as Junk?
Yes. You can sell a totaled car to an online car buying service. However, the offer you will receive will be comparable to the actual cash value of the vehicle.
Can You Sell A Car With Body Damage?
Yes, in many circumstances. The trade value may be greater if you trade in your automobile with the body damage unrepaired.
The dealer can not only observe the problem as it is, but they may also benefit by performing the repairs themselves.
Further Tips and Advice
Further tips and advice about selling an old junk car:
- Trading an old junk car will usually only net you a couple hundred dollars from a car dealer.
- There are many times in my career I’ve only given a customer $1.00 for an old worn-out car, but on paper, I would make it look like they were getting anywhere from $500 to $2,000 or more, depending on the circumstance. The customer is happy because they’re getting out of their old junk car.
- Any over-allowance over the actual cash value of the trade will be made up by the consumer somewhere else on the car deal.