MyFreeScoreNow Credit Monitoring Review 2023
Know Your Credit Score Before You Buy
MyFreeScoreNow is a long-winded name that helps provide a shortcut to staying on top of your credit score with credit monitoring. My review takes a deeper look into their credit monitoring platform to see if they’re worth the money.
Request your three credit scores from the largest credit reporting bureaus.
If you don’t know your credit score or are concerned about monitoring your credit rating, this is the place to start. Continue reading my FreeCreditScoreNow review below to learn about their service.
MyFreeScoreNow is a credit monitoring company founded in 2013.
It offers a monthly subscription that enables you to monitor your credit continuously and provides quick and free access to your TransUnion credit score and report. Thanks to their personalized report, you can improve your credit score by knowing what factors are affecting it.
MyFreeScoreNow connects you instantly and for free to your most recent TransUnion report and score if you want to know your credit score without having to go through a drawn-out process. Additionally, if you add more credit monitoring, you’ll always be aware of any changes to your report.
Pros and Cons
What I like about MyFreeScoreNow (Pros)
- Seven-day free trial
- Pricing is simple
- Various add-ons
- Learning library
- Customer service
What I don’t like about MyFreeScoreNow (Cons)
- Upgrades to basic service
- Can be pricey
Who is MyFreeScoreNow For?
For people who haven’t seen their credit reports or would like to know what’s been reported to their credit file, MyFreeScoreNow is ideal.
Even though your free trial will only provide you with a TransUnion report, you can access information from all three bureaus using their software.
With their software, you can easily communicate with your creditors to handle any issues directly on their platform and see who is checking your credit.
You will also receive alerts and limitless updates whenever you want them, scheduled as frequently as you’d like, as a bonus.
In case you require more than one, they also provide unlimited daily updates of your credit score and reports. If a mobile app is essential to you, take note that they don’t offer one.
How MyFreeScoreNow Works
Actually, MyFreeScoreNow is not free. Their monthly membership fee is $29.95, which seems to be in line with many of the online credit report services that provide you with your credit score. However, they will charge you a $1 non-refundable member activation fee if you are a new member.
You will be able to use their services, which include the TransUnion score and report for free for seven days.
When your trial period is over, you need to decide if you want to continue using the service. They will begin automatically billing you each month for membership.
Get Better Interest Rates and Secure Your Identity
Your credit score is a crucial element of your financial well-being. Yet many consumers don’t know their credit score and have no monitoring assistance to prevent them from being a victim of identity theft. My Free Score Now can help solve both issues.
- Get scores from the most significant credit bureaus: Stay on top of your credit scores from the largest, most influential credit reporting agencies in the world, including TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax, with unlimited daily reports from TransUnion.
- Protect your identity: By keeping an eye on your credit score and through credit monitoring, they will quickly notify you of any significant changes. This allows you to take immediate action to protect your identity from thieves.
- Work to get better interest rates: Keeping track of your credit can help you improve your credit score, which can help you get better interest rates. This can save you significantly on everything from cars to credit cards and mortgages.
What Gives MyFreeScoreNow an Edge?
Identity thieves and never-do-wells are working daily to make a living off the identity and credit ratings of others. Getting a once-a-year peek at your credit score without monitoring your credit is almost useless. Obtaining credit reports and monitoring your credit report are vital in staying on top of your credit. My Free Score Now allows you to do this all for a minimal monthly investment that can pay for itself.
- They monitor the most critical reporting agencies: With MyFreeScoreNow, they stay on top of your credit report and scores from the most critical reporting bureaus, including Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.
- They detect issues promptly: Reacting quickly in the event of identity theft is critical in protecting your credit. They are always working in the background, ensuring you have the latest information to protect your credit.
- Check to see who is looking at your credit report: Not only will they monitor your credit report and score, but you will also be made aware of who is looking at your information.
- Get your three credit scores now at MyFreeScoreNow >>
The Tools and Information You Need to Protect Yourself
MyFreeScoreNow provides you with the data, details, and information you need to protect your valued credit information and identity.
- Personalized reports: This isn’t generalized information about credit and your credit report. This is personalized, specific information customized to you.
- Click to resolve issues: My Free Score Now allows you to fix problems with creditors at just the click of a button. That puts power at your fingertips.
- Unlimited daily reports: Your membership qualifies you for unlimited daily credit reports and scores from TransUnion. This can be particularly valuable if you suspect there may be an issue. This is almost real-time information from one of the world’s largest reporting agencies.
A few of the most prominent benefits of using MyFreeScoreNow to get your credit scores are:
- A quick way to get started: If you don’t know your credit score or understand how valuable your identity can be, this is a superb way to get started. Once you sign up and get your initial credit scores and reports, you will be on a path to building your credit score and monitoring your identity.
- Constant monitoring: Rather than just a once-a-year credit check, you are enrolled in a service that provides continuous monitoring of your credit. This puts you in more control of your financial future.
- Resolve problems promptly: My Free Score Now facilitates the prompt resolution of issues with creditors through an online click of a button. When you see variations in your score or your report shows false information, you can take immediate steps to correct them.
Request your three credit scores from the largest credit reporting bureaus.
An Excellent Service, But not Perfect
As with most providers, there are some improvements we would like to see from MyFreeScoreNow.
Its limitations include:
- No free trial; it costs a dollar: It would be nice if this service allowed you to kick the tires. You can cancel at any time, however, which is a plus.
- The name is a bit deceptive: We prefer to endorse companies and products that are upfront. While technically, the credit scores are provided “free,” they are provided free when you purchase a membership.
- Information about improving credit is limited: While this service does provide some information about credit, credit ratings, and scores, it is limited when it comes to details about improving credit.
My Endorsement of MyFreeScoreNow
The name is perhaps too long, and their service requires some explanation. MyFreeScoreNow is an excellent way to stay in contact with your credit score and monitor your credit rating and the security of your identity. When you consider how vital your credit and credit score are in obtaining affordable credit, it is certainly worth the relatively modest investment.
- Benefits: Constant credit score and credit monitoring.
- Advantages: Uses the three most significant credit reporting bureaus.
- Features: Provides unlimited daily reports from TransUnion. Subscribers can cancel at any time.
- Limitations: No trial period. The name is long and a bit deceptive. Credit repair info is minimal.
How much does MyFreeScoreNow cost?
When ordering, a $1 non-refundable member activation fee is required. You must cancel your membership within seven days, or $29.95 is automatically charged monthly.
How do you get an 800 credit score?
Always pay your bills on time. Paying your bills on time is possibly the best way to demonstrate to lenders that you are a responsible borrower.
- Maintain low credit card balances
- Pay attention to your credit history
- Have a good mix of credit on your reports
- Monitor your credit reports consistently
Is a credit score of 650 good?
What is a perfect credit score?
Your credit is perfect if it is 850, but any credit score over 800 is regarded as exceptional, which is just as good.
What is the credit score range?
A credit score is a three-digit number that ranges from 300 to 850 and is used to determine your credit risk or how likely you are to make on-time payments on your debts.
How do I cancel my MyFreeScoreNow Membership?
You can contact their customer service center toll-free at 1-888-548-2008 or write to MyFreeScoreNow Inc. PO Box 3453, Thousand Oaks, CA 91359 to cancel your credit monitoring membership.
MyFreeScoreNow Company Details
Company Name: myFreeScoreNow
Year Founded: 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA, U.S.