There’s nothing like packing up the car and taking a nice road trip by yourself or with your family. You can go on a picnic, head to the lake or drive across country creating your own personal adventure.
Wherever you decide to go, there’s some vehicles built for taking road trips. No matter if it’s just you and a friend or you and your entire family, you’ll find a vehicle on below that will help make your road trip as comfortable as possible.
KBB recently named what they believe is the top ten best 2015 model new cars to drive on a cross country road trip. They named the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray as the number one vehicle to take on a road trip in 2015. The list also includes a wide variety of vehicles including several luxury sedans, SUVs, sports cars and even the 2015 Ford F-150 made it into the top ten.
What to do Before Hitting the Open Road
If you’re going to be driving a long distance in your vehicle, you should keep your family’s safety in mind and make sure your current vehicle will be able to perform under any and all extreme conditions. Below are a few items you should inspect before taking any vehicle on a long-range road trip.
What to Inspect on a Car Before Going on a Road Trip:
- Have your vehicle’s oil and filter inspected and changed if needed.
- Check your vehicle’s tires for cracks or cuts in the sidewall and excessive or uneven tread wear.
- Make sure your vehicle’s tires are properly inflated, keep a quality tire gauge in the vehicle with you.
- Inspect the battery cable connections, make sure they’re tight and free of any corrosion.
- Visually inspect your engine’s drive belts for cracks or fraying, check hoses for wear also.
- Replace windshield wipers and don’t forget to replace the windshield washer fluid.
- Check all fluids including power steering, transmission and bake fluid. Ensure you replace the fuel and air filters at least in accordance with the manufacturer’s service interval.
Before You Go New Car Shopping this Halloween
When negotiating a new car’s price, it’s important to know the dealer invoice price and what other people are paying for the same vehicle in your local area. Otherwise, you won’t know what’s a good price to pay for the vehicle. I highly recommend using an online referral service such as Ryde Shopper or Motor Trend, their quotes will automatically include any discounts or cash-back incentives currently available in the marketplace.
Best Long-Range Road Trip Vehicles for 2015
|Rank||New Car Yr, Make, Model||MPG||Horsepower|
|10||2015 Jaguar F-Type||20/28||340|
|9||2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class||25/35||208|
|8||2015 Chevrolet Suburban||16/23||355|
|7||2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata||22/28||167|
|6||2015 Audi A5||22/32||220|
|5||2015 Chrysler 300||19/31||363|
|4||2015 Porsche Cayman S||21/30||325|
|3||2015 Ford F-150||19/26||385|
|2||2015 Tesla Model S||101/102||329|
|1||2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray||17/29||455|